Sunday 15 August 2010

Recipe Books

Firstly I know it's really late, or really early dependent on how you are looking at things. Before I head to bed I wanted to post about my new recipe book that I have been working on.

As I am doing a Fair in November I wanted to concentrate on Christmas as much as possible and came up with the idea for these small mini books with Christmas Cookie Recipes, there are 10 recipe;s in all. The main layout for the pages was all done digitally, I used a set of digital clipart that I got from pcCrafter and added the recipes on one side and the cooking instructions on another.
























After I printed the pages out I cut them and fixed the front and back of each page together. To add a little dimension I added cute gingerbread man from the same set which I cut out separately, this meant that when I laminated each page it wasn't totally flat and was raised in places.

Once finished I put it into a plastic bag and tied it with a ribbon, all I need now is a gift tag which I have but forgot to print out. I love how it's turned out I just have to make a few more now and hope that there are lots of people at the fair that have sweet tooth's.

Happy Crafting

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. What a brilliant idea. Am sure this will be very popular at the fayre. Don't know where you come up with your ideas but it's very creative and different.

    ReplyDelete