Thursday 26 August 2010

No Punches or Wizard Arrrrgghhhh!!!

I decided to enter the Cute Card Thursday challenge tonight although i have to admit it was torture. There challenge this week is to create a card but not use any punches or cutting machines. I thought it would be a breeze as I have my Wizard for less than 2 months, but no it was hard to fight off the temptation not to use it.

In the end I came up with the below card, all the cutting has been done by hand or with my trimmer, even the envelope was made with a template and cut by hand. When I do a DL sized card I always like to make my own envelope using the same pattern/coloured paper.

















I used a stamp with one of my favourite animals on it, just wish that I had a memory like an elephant as I can't remember who made the stamp, but it came in a square of 4 smaller squares each with a darling elephant. After I made it I sealed it up ready to put with the other 120 for the fair and then realized I forgot to take a photo, thats why there is a little bit of shine to the card because I took it through the cellophane bag.

Now I have to go wrap another parcel for ebay and then I'm turning in for the night, I'm coming down with a cold so the more rest the better.

Happy crafting

Michelle

3 comments:

  1. I agree, the challenge is truly a challenge. However, you did a great job. Very cute!

    Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and what a shame you don't know the designer of this beautiful stamp set. Great color choice, simple but so cute...

    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute card with those little ellies! thanks for joining in with us at CCT.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete