Sunday 25 July 2010

Cup Cakes

For my last card today I decided to enter the Fussy And Fancy Friday Challenge, This week there challenge is to use stitches, scallops and sparkle. As I'm always up for a challenge I set about making a card and ended up with the one below which I'm really pleased with.
















To start with I decided to go with a die cut cupcake from Dovecraft's 'Piece of Cake - Decoupage Pad', I chose the pink and brown cake as I already had a backing paper in mind. I used a design from K & Co - Chocolate Neapolitan which worked perfectly. I managed to get 2 scalloped circles onto my card, mainly due to the fact that I needed to emphasis the scallop from the background, I used stitching in metallic thread on each segment of one scallop and painted the pink scallop with stickles and added a couple of gems in the center for the sparkle.

Happy Crafting

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us this week at Fussy and Fancy. Good Luck!
    Love Susan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete